I trained in Integrative Supervision Skills at Metanoia Institute in 1990. I have been supervising the work of both trainee and experienced Counsellors and Psychotherapists since 1992.
An Integrative Model of Supervision means that I am able to work with Counsellors and Psychotherapists who are trained in any model within this field of work.
I work with both individuals and groups and use as the basis of my Supervision whatever ethical code the Supervisee is required to adhere to.
My core belief is that Counsellors and Psychotherapists do a difficult job and need supporting in every way. This I see as the main focus of my work.
Other tasks of Supervision include:
- helping Supervisees to reach a profound understanding of their clients and the issues they bring to therapy
- bringing to the Supervisee's attention Transferences and Parallel Processes the Supervisee may be unaware of
- keeping notes which may be necessary for insurance or legal purposes
- modelling and teaching when appropriate if the application of more knowledge will assist the Supervisee's work in a particular situation
- monitoring Supervisees' work to ensure best practice and working within ethical guidelines
- writing reports on Supervisees' work for job applications or applications for accreditation and registration
Supervisor training is available for Counsellors and Psychotherapists as well as practitioners from other complementary health care professions who are, or will be in the near future, called upon to include Supervision in their practice.
Information on other Training and CPD courses is available on request.
I am available for consultation to groups and training courses which may take the form of being available as a resource when needed or for regular consultations on a more fixed schedule.