Welcome to my website
Barbara Cole, BA, MAHPP, GQHP
Counselling * Psychotherapy * Hypnotherapy
I am a Counsellor, Psychotherapist and Hypnotherapist with 24 years experience of working with a very wide range of people.
The problems I have helped people to deal with include:
- addictions to smoking, alcohol and recreational drugs
- weight problems and eating disorders
- phobias of all kinds and intensity
- depression, long or short term
- childhood abuse
- loss of a loved one
- stress arising from personal or work-related issues
- panic attacks
- obsessive-compulsive disorder and obsessive thinking
- managing anger
- low self esteem and lack of confidence
- relationship and sexuality issues
- mood swings
- support for people with cancer
I treat each person who comes to me as a unique individual, no matter what the problem they are dealing with might be. I believe that each person has within themselves the solution to their difficulties and the resources to deal with the problem. I see my role as helping them to find and activate these resources. I offer to each person a safe, confidential and supportive environment in which to express feelings they may not be able to express elsewhere. Also the chance to really explore their problem and understand what gave rise to the problem in order to resolve it.
I work with both long and short term contracts, recognising that people vary a great deal in the amount of time it takes to resolve a problem. This is according to how deep-rooted the problem is and each individual's capacity for change.
Above all, the work I do is both gentle and effective.
It is not just about healing and mending, it is also about growing and moving on with increased confidence into a more rewarding and satisfying life.
- I work with individuals, couples and groups in a pleasant setting close to Worthing town, bus routes and station.
- I have been Accredited by BACP (1992, 1997, 2002)
- I am currently Accredited by AHPP (1994, 1999, 2004, 2009)
- I have been Registered by UKCP since 1994
- I am fully insured and work within UKCP ethical guidelines